Grace Church foster families are invited to attend a special training on Trust Based Relational Intervention: Connecting Principles by: Karyn Purvis Institute of Child Development. This training is aimed to not only help foster parents understand the relationship histories of children from “hard places,” but also to give you as parents the tools to move forward and deepen and strengthen connections with them. This training will be moderated by Kelly Childress. Kelly is a Practitioner of Trust Based Relational Intervention and was trained at the Karyn Purvis Institute of Child Development at Texas Christian University. She has worked in various clinical settings including intensive in-home child focused family therapy, outpatient treatment of women and children, school based counseling, and spent time counseling in an intensive outpatient addictions program.
Goals for this training:
• To gain knowledge and insight about what secure attachment looks like between children and caregivers.
• To learn helpful ways to help build a connection with children who come from hard places and did not have secure attachment.
• To understand the impact attachment history can have on children’s behavior.
• To gain insight and awareness about how our own attachment history influences the way we care for children.
• To learn appropriate proactive strategies to empower children with behavioral tools.
Training credits of 6 hours will be issued.Register Here